I asked you to share your favorite moments from this year's event. Here is what you had to say:
My favorite "moment" was a woman from Michigan who was enthralled by the entire day. I talked to her first around 10 AM. She was back after the reenactment asking questions, taking pictures, and gushing at 4PM. She made her husband and two friend sit thru the "Field of Lost Shoes" movie -- twice. She promised to tell friends in MI to visit. We could use 100 more like her.---Dick Spencer
Our movie time was an incredible time of being together. From the youngest to the oldest I do believe we all had fun.---Charmaine Detrow
My favorite moment was movie night, on Friday night.....it was great sharing laughs and of course the snacks too! I loved the dance night too, I believe being informal and "winging it" made it so much more enjoyable. Hannah and Laura said that this was one of the "best dances" yet! It was touching and endearing that we all went to church together. We really liked that!---Phyllis Anderson
Hello Volunteers: I would like to affirm what Stacey has just said. Your untiring devotion to the Park did not go unnoticed. I saw smiles ALL weekend. I look forward to working with you all in 2011.---Troy Marshall
Best moment....watching Dan smile when Molly wanted to get up on his lap and have fun with him and Evan and Kaitlyn singing at the party.---Christie Anne Detamore-Hunsberger
Well, one of my best memories would have to be the simple joy of looking around and realizing that I'm surrounded by people who genuinely care about me. It doesn't have much to do with the reenactment, but that really is one of the best memories that I have from it.---Daniel Harmon
My best moment?---walking into the kitchen and finding a meal hot and waiting, with no hands-on help from me. Thanks, Phyllis and team! Also, looking out over the farm and seeing many, many visitors engaged with interpeters learning the awesome history of this place (AND I was doing the interpreting!!!)---Stacey
If any of you have more to share, let me know!
Stacey
Friday, 27 May 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment