Our evening with the VA Association of Museums Council was a rousing success. Thank you to all who gave your evening to make this a great time of fun and fellowship.One of our guests, Al Schweizer, sent the following note:
Dear Scott:
Now that I am back at work I want to pass along my thanks for a wonderful evening at the Battlefield the other evening. You and your staff went way overboard to make it all come together so well. Never would I ever realize that a Yankee would have to learn and engage himself in the intricacies of the Virginia Reel! Good thing there was only a small group there to see all of that. :)
Your "Cliff Notes" version of the battle was fascinating to me and being able to stand on the field of shoes made it all come to life in my imagination. If I learned anything at the Army War College it was that to walk the ground is really a unique perspective for understanding the past. They are masters of that.
The food prepared by your volunteers was excellent and please pass my thanks to them for all they did. I mentioned to the "band" on my way out that they should go get a beer and they laughed. They earned it.
Thanks again Scott, I really enjoyed it and had a good time.
Al.
Alvin C. Schweizer II, Site Manager
Children's Museum of Virginia
Andalo's Clubhouse
420 High Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
(757) 393-5258, ext. 12
Visit the VAM blog at http://www.vamuseums.blogspot.com/ for more pictures! Again. I cannot imagine this Park without you. You make us look sooooooo good.
Stacey



No comments:
Post a Comment